Saw this over at Missy’s place and thought I’d join. You know how I am with memes. I can’t let a good one slide.
All About Me and My 1st Baby Meme – those fun details about my pregnancy and 1st delivery.
1. Were you married at the time? Nope…oops.
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Shocked and scared.
3. How old were you? 18…oops x2.
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? Peed on a stick. Got the sign.
5. Who did you tell first? Doug.
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yup, and I did.
7. Due due: Monday, November 23, 1998
8. Did you deliver early or late? 9 agonizing days late…December 02, 1998, 9 days before my 19th birthday.
9. Did you have morning sickness? Not so much as far as nausea, but I was headachy all the time…even a few migraines thrown in there, which I rarely get.
10. What did you crave? Orange juice.
11. Who irritated you the most? Honestly? Doug, but we were having issues that are much too complicated to go into now. Besides, I let that bad stuff go a loooooong time ago. You know, bygones and such.
12. What was your first child’s sex? Male
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? Not much at all, about 20-25 lbs. I actually lost weight for most of my pregnancy. I only started to gain at the end.
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? I discovered I had a allergy to coedine (I was taking it for my headaches) it was the only complication I had with the pregnancy…the birth was another story.
15. Where did you give birth? Bronson Methodist Hospital, Kalamazoo, MI
16. How many hours were you in labor? About 70 hours. No stinking joke.
17. Who drove you to the hospital? My mom.
18. Who watched? My mom. I wish now that I would have called Doug, but at the time, we were having problems…ugh…do I have to explain? Just see answer #11.
19. Was it vaginal or c-section? Vaginal.
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Nothing. At. All. Yeah, I’m good like that. No, actually, there wasn’t time. Despite minimal complications during the pregnancy, I did had some pretty serious complication during delivery. (Everything turned out fine! No worries!)
21. How much did your child weigh? 7 lb, 3.5 oz
22. What did you name him/her? Aaron Michael
23. How old is your first born today? 9