Missy at Bees and Boo Boos knows that I’m always up for a good meme. She tagged me with this one, which is all about Christmas. Enjoy!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely wrapping paper. It’s so pretty, even if it’s a pain in the rear to wrap everything.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. We always had real when I was a kid and loved it, but as an adult I’ve grown accustomed to the “neatness” of artificial trees. Although, last year we had a real one because our artificial one was damaged beyond repair (long story). That tree was probably our worst ever! 😉 But it definitely helps in making that Christmas memorable! ( If I remember, I’ll post a photo so you can see what I mean).
3. When do you put up the tree? Normally in the first week of December, but this year it was the day after Thanksgiving. I think that will be the new tradition in this house.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually in the week between Christmas and New Year’s.
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? One year I got a gigantic keyboard. I loved it, I wish I still had it.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My mother and father in law.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Emma…she loves anything.
9. Do you have a Nativity scene? No, but I would like to get one.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I’ve been doing photo cards for a number of years, now.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Nothing in particular… probably ugly clothes.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie. There are so many…probably the Santa Clause and The Polar Express.
13. When do you start Christmas shopping? End of October, early November…depending on how “with it” I am at the time. 🙂
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? One that I can remember….(shhh!).
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anything sweet.
16. Lights on the tree? Yup. This year we went with all clear, as opposed to colored and clear. It’s so pretty!
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night. My favorite version is sung by Il Divo.
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? We stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? You bet!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have a star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? On Christmas Eve, we open presents from my side of the family. Then we do “our” Christmas in the morning. Then we get together with Doug’s family for brunch and more presents.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Packed stores. I hate crowds!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We have a lot of different ornaments, handmade, gifts and one’s we bought. We did do a color theme this year. We threw away all our glass bulbs and bought shatterproof. We went with an earth tone theme…lots of browns, tans, golds, whites…it looks awesome with our whit lights, plus it’s safer for the kiddos.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Green bean casserole. Yum.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A new lens for my camera or a tripod.
I tag Kate to do this meme!